Upcoming Events MARK YOUR CALENDARS!…
- June 1st Aladdin performance 7:30 pm Gym
- June 2nd 11 am first Friday mass, 12:30 dismissal
- June 2nd Father Daughter Dance 6:30 pm “AT THE HOP!”
- June 2nd Box Tops collection turn-in FINAL DEADLINE
- June 2nd Dental products recycling for Robotics turn-in FINAL DEADLINE
- June 6th Academy Awards Night 7 pm
- June 9th 8th Grade Graduation 11 am mass, 6:30 pm ceremony
- June 12th Kindergarten graduation
- June 12th Academy Pool Party at the New Providence Pool
- June 13th general HSA meeting 7:30 pm
- June 15th 12:30 dismissal
- June 16th Academy Field Day
- June 16th 12:30 dismissal
- June 19th 12:30 dismissal, last day of 2016-2017 school year
Reminders to Parents
- 5th Annual Father/Daughter Dance “AT THE HOP” The Father/Daughter dance is looking for donations of nut free snacks or desserts and water for the dance Friday. Drop off Friday to parish hall 10-12:30or bring to the dance. Please join us on Friday from 6:30-8:30 pm, AOLP gym. This year’s dance is 1950’s themed- rock n roll, ice cream sodas, games, prizes, photos and more! All Academy girls Pre-K -8 th are invited to bring their dads, grandpas, uncles, or a family friend as their escort. Costumes encouraged but not required. If you forgot to register, don’t worry walk-in registration will be allowed so just come!” Any questions or to help** – contact Sandy email@example.com
- HSA Volunteer Hours Kelli Miller has let us know that not all families have completed their required volunteer hours yet. Where do you stand? There are still opportunities to serve your hours before the end of the school year. Events needing volunteers include Field Day on June 16th and the Father-Daughter Dance on June 2nd. Regular activities include lunch duty (see below) and library (on Tuesdays). Per Academy policy families who do not complete their required HSA hours will be billed at $20/hr for hours not served.
- BOX TOPS Please continue to save your box tops and send them in with your child. We are in our last drive of the school year and aim to get all the box tops in by June 3. So your deadline isFriday June 2nd. The class that has the most box tops will get a surprise! We appreciate your support, including the extra time it takes to cut out the labels, very much! Use this link for a back to school collection sheet: http://www.ptotoday.com/filesharing/1794-back-to-school-collection-sheet/download
- HSA General Meeting June 13th 7:30 pm Please plan to attend the annual HSA meeting to hear state of the school reports from Principal Castillo and HSA President Matt Dunn. This is your chance to ask questions and offer ideas in a relaxed group setting. More participation makes us a stronger community. PLEASE COME!!
- LUNCH/RECESS Have you signed up for lunch/recess duty yet? There is still time to get your hours in** and with the nicer weather it is a beautiful time of year to help out. Please check your schedule and sign up with the links below. It’s easy to see where the most help is needed (and you even get a reminder email). Remember, each family is asked to spend at least one volunteer hour in this important HSA activity. Come to see your children during their recreation time. Smiles are guaranteed!
GROUP A : Younger students’ lunch and recess (grades K-3 lunchroom followed by grades K-3 recess) 3 parents needed each day
GROUP B [RECESS ONLY]: Older students’ recess followed by younger students’ recess 2 parents needed each day
If you have question about lunch/recess volunteering or are having trouble with signup genius please contact Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yearbooks There are a very limited number of yearbooks still left for sale at $22 a copy. This color 48-page book of memories includes all grades from PreK-3 to Grade 8.. Make checks payable to AOLP. Send in order with your child’s name on the envelope. Thank you for your support. Order your yearbook today – there is a LIMITED supply!. questions? contact Mrs. Raleigh: email@example.com
- The Robotics Team is collecting empty “Little Bites” packages and used dental-related products. TOMORROW is the final deadline and last chance to earn a tag day!! We are at the end of a class competition for month of May and any student who has brought any items during the month of May will earn a tag day. The winning class will receive a special prize. Please collect your toothpaste tubes and caps, toothbrushes, toothpaste, cartons, toothbrush outer packaging, and floss containers (from any company) and send them in with your child for his classroom. Please note: Electric toothbrushes, battery toothbrushes, and/or their parts are not recyclable through the program. Please place in a plastic bag. If you have any questions about the Academy Robotics Team please contact Mrs. Tyler @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remember that to volunteer in the school or at any event with children, you need to complete the Protecting God’s Children background check and workshop. More info can be found athttp://www.rcan.org/charter/index.htm or contact the school’s office for a packet. Local workshops can be found at this website:
http://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_list2.cfm?theOrgID=16839&theme=0 Any questions? Please contact Danielle Mollo at email@example.com
- Uniform swap– there is a variety of previously worn uniform items available for FREE in the H.S.A. closet in the basement of the school. Come visit the closet (you must sign in at the school’s office first). Clothes are sorted by type and neatly organized in bins. Go towww.flynnohara.com to purchase new items.
- The Academy Robotics Team will be selling ice cream on Thursdays at lunch for $1.00. Healthy snacks are also available each day for $.50.
- Please continue to bring used ink cartridges/cell phones to the school office.
** Per Academy policy families who do not complete their required HSA hours will be billed at $20/hr for hours not served.
THANK YOU’s MEMORIAL DAY BBQ
Thank you to Mary Pauline Murphy and her family for organizing and running the annual Academy Memorial Day BBQ at OLP. Mary thanks to her volunteer team including Rita Vasconez, Teena Rehani and Debbie Szachara. Mary also gives a special thanks to Denise Reece and family, who had run the BBQ for many years, for all their guidance and help.
Before the BBQ, New Providence held their annual Memorial Day parade. We had several families and teachers and Father Bill represent the Academy in this. Thank you to all the families and teachers who gave honor to all those who sacrificed their lives for our freedoms by marching. Despite the rain in the morning, Mary says it was a lovely event and that the kids were great and came prepared with their little umbrellas and raincoats.