Upcoming Events MARK YOUR CALENDARS!…
- April 28th Mother Son gym event 6 PM GYM dinner served
- May 2nd May Crowning 7 pm
- May 5th First Friday mass 11 am, 12:30 dismissal
- May 10th-May 13th OLP Country Fair
- May 10th NO SCHOOL – Professional Day
- May 19th Academy play Aladdin
- May 24th Academy Summer Reading Book Fair Barnes & Noble Livingston
- May 26th Academy Field Day 12:30 dismissal
- May 29th NO SCHOOL Memorial parade and BBQ
Reminders to Parents
- The Academy’s annual Mother/Son event is on for tomorrow, Friday, April 28th –All boy students K-8 and their mothers are invited! Even if you forgot to turn in the registration sheet, walk-ins are welcome. Arrive for 6 pm pizza/ice cream and then show us your athletic skills!!! Trophies for the winner! The boys are eager for the competition since the mothers won last year. PLEASE JOIN US!– Lots of laughs! For more information contact Kerryann Perniola: email@example.com
- May Crowning Tuesday May 2nd at 7 pm. Join us for this beautiful annual event as we honor our Holy Mother Mary. This is a required event for the students but parishioners and extended family are very welcome! Please have your children arrive by 6:45 in their uniforms (unless in 3rd or 8th grade). Detailed information was sent home in your child’s folder this week. Please contact the school office with any questions.
- OLP Country Fair May 10th – May 13th Yes, it is that time of year again. Time for TOTAL FUN! Just ask your kids – the Country Fair is probably the most favorite event of the year. New to OLP? Talk to veteran parents – you will not want to miss this! Definitely bring your friends and family too! The deadline for advance sale ride tickets is coming up. Be sure to get your orders in now. Volunteers are needed to help make this the fun and enormous fundraiser that it is each year. Volunteer hours Chair Kelli Miller let us know that there is still time to complete your required HSA volunteer hours** and Country Fair hours count towards your total. Come on down, lend a hand have fun while you earn your hours! And the fair is always looking for donations of quality items for the raffles. Detailed flyers have been sent home but if you have any more questions about volunteering, purchasing tickets or donating, please contact Ms. Kim Johnston at: KJohnston@theacademyolp.org Don’t forget that much of the $$ made from this fair goes to the Academy. So you can feel extra good about how much fun you are having and the money you are spending!!!
** Per Academy policy families who do not complete their required HSA hours will be billed at $20/hr for hours not served.
- Academy Summer Reading Book Fair at Barnes and Noble in Livingston, May 24th 9am – 9 pm Please mark your calendars and plan to attend this one day book fair at Barnes and Noble at the Livingston Mall. We will have many titles from the teachers’ summer reading lists. We will also have some student and teacher events – readings, STEM exhibit, and forensics speeches. Is that not enough to convince you? Ok, Barnes and Noble will also be featuring an Academy Frappaccino, designed by the Academy students, in the café. (Students are voting on the flavors and the name.) ANY purchase you make that day on any item in the store will count towards the Academy sales and we will get a %. A detailed schedule will follow. Get your summer reading books, see performances from our teachers and students and enjoy some special refreshments – all for a great cause – The Academy!!! For more information and to help please contact Elizabeth Hathway Muir: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LUNCH/RECESS Have you signed up for lunch/recess duty yet? There is still time to get your hours in** and with the nicer weather it is a beautiful time of year to help out. Please check your schedule and sign up with the links below. It’s easy to see where the most help is needed (and you even get a reminder email). Remember, each family is asked to spend at least one volunteer hour in this important HSA activity. Come to see your children during their recreation time. Smiles are guaranteed!
GROUP A : Younger students’ lunch and recess (grades K-3 lunchroom followed by grades K-3 recess) 3 parents needed each day
GROUP B [RECESS ONLY]: Older students’ recess followed by younger students’ recess 2 parents needed each day
If you have question about lunch/recess volunteering or are having trouble with signup genius please contact Andrea at email@example.com
- Yearbooks There are a very limited number of yearbooks still left for sale at $22 a copy. This color 48-page book of memories includes all grades from PreK-3 to Grade 8.. Make checks payable to AOLP. Send in order with your child’s name on the envelope. Thank you for your support. Order your yearbook today – there is a LIMITED supply!. questions? contact Mrs. Raleigh: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Robotics Team is collecting empty “Little Bites” packages and used dental-related products. We will be having a class competition for the full month of May. The winning class will receive a special prize. Watch for a school-wide email on this. Please collect your toothpaste tubes and caps, toothbrushes, toothpaste, cartons, toothbrush outer packaging, and floss containers (from any company). Please note: Electric toothbrushes, battery toothbrushes, and/or their parts are not recyclable through the program. We have an upcoming deadline for this – please save things from your household and even ask close neighbors and friends if they might have anything. Please place in a plastic bag. If you have any questions about the Academy Robotics Team please contact Mrs. Tyler @ email@example.com
- Remember that to volunteer in the school or at any event with children, you need to complete the Protecting God’s Children background check and workshop. More info can be found at http://www.rcan.org/charter/index.htm or contact the school’s office for a packet. Local workshops can be found at this website:
http://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_list2.cfm?theOrgID=16839&theme=0 Any questions? Please contact Danielle Mollo at firstname.lastname@example.org
- BOX TOPS Please continue to collect your box tops . We will have a final turn-in and the class with the most box tops will receive a prize! We appreciate your support, including the extra time it takes to cut out the labels, very much! Use this link for a back to school collection sheet: http://www.ptotoday.com/filesharing/1794-back-to-school-collection-sheet/download
- Uniform swap– there is a variety of previously worn uniform items available for FREE in the H.S.A. closet in the basement of the school. Come visit the closet (you must sign in at the school’s office first). Clothes are sorted by type and neatly organized in bins. Go to www.flynnohara.com to purchase new items.
- The Academy Robotics Team will be selling pretzels on Thursdays at lunch for $1.00. Healthy snacks are also available each day for $.50.
- Please continue to bring used ink cartridges/cell phones to the school office.