Upcoming Events MARK YOUR CALENDARS!…
- June 9th 8th Grade Graduation 11 am mass, 6:30 pm ceremony
- June 12th Kindergarten graduation
- June 12th Academy Pool Party at the New Providence Pool
- June 13th general HSA meeting 7:30 pm
- June 15th 12:30 dismissal
- June 16th Academy Field Day
- June 16th 12:30 dismissal
- June 19th 12:30 dismissal, last day of 2016-2017 school year
Reminders to Parents
- HSA General Meeting June 13th 7:30 pm Please plan to attend our annual HSA meeting to hear state of the school reports from Principal Castillo and HSA President Matthew Dunn. This is your chance to ask questions and offer ideas in a relaxed group setting. More participation makes us a stronger community. PLEASE COME!!
- HSA Volunteer Hours Kelli Miller has let us know that not all families have completed their required volunteer hours yet. Where do you stand? There are still opportunities to serve your hours before the end of the school year. Opportunities include Field Day on June 16th and lunch duty (see below) . Per Academy policy families who do not complete their required HSA hours will be billed at $20/hr for hours not served.
- LUNCH/RECESS There are still time to get some hours in** . You have 4 days left – tomorrow, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Please check your schedule and sign up with the links below. It’s easy to see where the most help is needed (and you even get a reminder email). Remember, each family is asked to spend at least one volunteer hour in this important HSA activity. Come to see your children during their recreation time. Smiles are guaranteed!
GROUP A : Younger students’ lunch and recess (grades K-3 lunchroom followed by grades K-3 recess) 3 parents needed each day
GROUP B [RECESS ONLY]: Older students’ recess followed by younger students’ recess 2 parents needed each day
If you have question about lunch/recess volunteering or are having trouble with signup genius please contact Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yearbooks There are a very limited number of yearbooks still left for sale at $22 a copy. This color 48-page book of memories includes all grades from PreK-3 to Grade 8.. Make checks payable to AOLP. Send in order with your child’s name on the envelope. Thank you for your support. Order your yearbook today – there is a LIMITED supply!. questions? contact Mrs. Raleigh: email@example.com
- Remember that to volunteer in the school or at any event with children, you need to complete the Protecting God’s Children background check and workshop. More info can be found at http://www.rcan.org/charter/index.htm or contact the school’s office for a packet. Local workshops can be found at this website:
http://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_list2.cfm?theOrgID=16839&theme=0 Any questions? Please contact Danielle Mollo at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Uniform swap– there is a variety of previously worn uniform items available for FREE in the H.S.A. closet in the basement of the school. Come visit the closet (you must sign in at the school’s office first). Clothes are sorted by type and neatly organized in bins. Go to www.flynnohara.com to purchase new items.
- The Academy Robotics Team will be selling ice cream on Thursdays at lunch for $1.00. Healthy snacks are also available each day for $.50.
- Please continue to bring used ink cartridges/cell phones to the school office.
** Per Academy policy families who do not complete their required HSA hours will be billed at $20/hr for hours not served.
THANK YOU’s – FATHER DAUGHTER DANCE
A big thank you to our amazing Sandy Slattery for organizing and running a fabulous “AT THE HOP” Father-Daughter Dance this past Friday! Sandy gives special thanks to her major helpers – Nancy Pelcher for support, help shopping, decorating, welcoming guests and more! ; Denise Reece for support, set up and making ice cream sodas all night!! ; and Frederick Krall for his time and the gift of his wonderful photography all night! Thank you to everyone who attended the dance- the 50’s costumes, dancing and enthusiasm is what made this event so special!