Upcoming Events MARK YOUR CALENDARS!…
- May 10th-May 13th OLP Country Fair
- May 24th – Academy Summer Reading Book Fair Barnes & Noble Livingston
- May 26th – Academy Field Day 12:30 dismissal
- May 29th – NO SCHOOL Memorial parade and BBQ
- June 2nd -11 am first Friday mass, 12:30 dismissal
- June 2nd – Father Daughter Dance 6:30 pm “AT THE HOP!”
- June 6th – Academy Awards Night 7 pm
- June 9th – 8th Grade Graduation 11 am mass, 6:30 pm ceremony
- June 12th -Kindergarten graduation
- June 12th -Academy Pool Party at the New Providence Pool
- June 15th -12:30 dismissal
- June 16th -12:30 dismissal
- June 19th -12:30 dismissal, last day of 2016-2017 school year
Reminders to Parents…
- OLP Country Fair May 10th – May 13th The kickoff last night was AWESOME. If you missed it, no worries – There are still 3 more days for TOTAL FUN! And the extra reason to go tonight is that the TEACHERS will be working many of the games. Will you recognize them outside the classroom? Come and find out! The only rule you have to follow is to try to win at one of the booths!!! Thank you to our dear teachers!!! Don’t miss it! Definitely bring your friends and family too! Questions? please contact Ms. Kim Johnston at: KJohnston@theacademyolp.org Don’t forget that much of the $$ made from this fair goes to the Academy. So you can feel extra good about how much fun you are having and the money you are spending!!!
- Academy Summer Reading Book Fair at Barnes and Noble in Livingston, May 24th 9am – 9 pm Please mark your calendars and plan to attend this one day book fair at Barnes and Noble at the Livingston Mall. We will have many titles from the teachers’ summer reading lists. We will also have some student and teacher events – readings, STEM exhibit, and forensics speeches. Is that not enough to convince you? Ok, Barnes and Noble will also be featuring an Academy Frappaccino, designed by the Academy students, in the café. (Students are voting on the flavors and the name.) ANY purchase you make that day on any item in the store will count towards the Academy sales and we will get a %. A detailed schedule will follow. Get your summer reading books, see performances from our teachers and students and enjoy some special refreshments – all for a great cause – The Academy!!! For more information and to help please contact Elizabeth Hathway Muir: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5th Annual Father/Daughter Dance “AT THE HOP” Get your high ponytail on and please join us Friday, June 2nd, 6:30-8:30 pm, AOLP gym. This year’s dance is 1950’s themed- rock n roll, ice cream sodas, games, prizes, photos and more! All Academy girls Pre-K -8 th are invited to bring their dads, grandpas, uncles, or a family friend as their escort. Costumes encouraged but not required. Any questions or to help – contact Sandy email@example.com
- LUNCH/RECESS Have you signed up for lunch/recess duty yet? There is still time to get your hours in** and with the nicer weather it is a beautiful time of year to help out. Please check your schedule and sign up with the links below. It’s easy to see where the most help is needed (and you even get a reminder email). Remember, each family is asked to spend at least one volunteer hour in this important HSA activity. Come to see your children during their recreation time. Smiles are guaranteed!
GROUP A : Younger students’ lunch and recess (grades K-3 lunchroom followed by grades K-3 recess) 3 parents needed each day
GROUP B [RECESS ONLY]: Older students’ recess followed by younger students’ recess 2 parents needed each day
If you have question about lunch/recess volunteering or are having trouble with signup genius please contact Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yearbooks There are a very limited number of yearbooks still left for sale at $22 a copy. This color 48-page book of memories includes all grades from PreK-3 to Grade 8.. Make checks payable to AOLP. Send in order with your child’s name on the envelope. Thank you for your support. Order your yearbook today – there is a LIMITED supply!. questions? contact Mrs. Raleigh: email@example.com
- The Robotics Team is collecting empty “Little Bites” packages and used dental-related products. We will be having a class competition for the full month of May. The winning class will receive a special prize. Please collect your toothpaste tubes and caps, toothbrushes, toothpaste, cartons, toothbrush outer packaging, and floss containers (from any company) and send them in with your child for his classroom. Please note: Electric toothbrushes, battery toothbrushes, and/or their parts are not recyclable through the program. Please save things from your household and even ask close neighbors and friends if they might have anything. Please place in a plastic bag. If you have any questions about the Academy Robotics Team please contactMrs. Tyler @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remember that to volunteer in the school or at any event with children, you need to complete the Protecting God’s Children background check and workshop. More info can be found at http://www.rcan.org/charter/index.htm or contact the school’s office for a packet. Local workshops can be found at this website:
http://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_list2.cfm?theOrgID=16839&theme=0 Any questions? Please contact Danielle Mollo at email@example.com
- BOX TOPS Please continue to collect your box tops . We will have a final turn-in and the class with the most box tops will receive a prize! We appreciate your support, including the extra time it takes to cut out the labels, very much! Use this link for a back to school collection sheet: http://www.ptotoday.com/filesharing/1794-back-to-school-collection-sheet/download
- Uniform swap– there is a variety of previously worn uniform items available for FREE in the H.S.A. closet in the basement of the school. Come visit the closet (you must sign in at the school’s office first). Clothes are sorted by type and neatly organized in bins. Go to www.flynnohara.com to purchase new items.
- The Academy Robotics Team will be selling ice cream on Thursdays at lunch for $1.00. Healthy snacks are also available each day for $.50.
- Please continue to bring used ink cartridges/cell phones to the school office.
** Per Academy policy families who do not complete their required HSA hours will be billed at $20/hr for hours not served.