Upcoming Events MARK YOUR CALENDARS!…
- May 24th Academy Summer Reading Book Fair Barnes & Noble Livingston
- May 26th Academy Field Day 12:30 dismissal
- May 29th NO SCHOOL Memorial parade and BBQ
- June 1st Aladdin performance
- June 2nd 11 am first Friday mass, 12:30 dismissal
- June 2nd Father Daughter Dance 6:30 pm “AT THE HOP!”
- June 6th Academy Awards Night 7 pm
- June 9th 8th Grade Graduation 11 am mass, 6:30 pm ceremony
- June 12th Kindergarten graduation
- June 12th Academy Pool Party at the New Providence Pool
- June 15th 12:30 dismissal
- June 16th 12:30 dismissal
- June 19th 12:30 dismissal, last day of 2016-2017 school year
Reminders to Parents
- Academy Summer Reading Book Fair at Barnes and Noble in Livingston, May 24th 9am – 9 pm Please attend this one day book fair at Barnes and Noble at the Livingston Mall. We will have many titles from the teachers’ summer reading lists. We will also have some student and teacher events – readings, STEM exhibit, and forensics speeches. Is that not enough to convince you? Ok, Barnes and Noble will also feature an Academy Frappaccino, designed by the Academy students, in the café. Flavor? Name? You’ll have to come to find out!! ANY purchase you make that day on any item in the store will count towards the Academy sales and we will get a %. Please see the attached flyer. Please forward this flyer to your extended family and friends. You don’t have to be an Academy family to purchase books from our fair. (Those out of town or who are unable to come out to the store on the 24th may order books and other merchandise online by using the code found on the flyer.) There is free shipping for orders $25 and over. Get your summer reading books, see performances from our teachers and students and enjoy some special refreshments – all for a great cause – The Academy!!! For more information and to help (earn volunteer hours) please contact Elizabeth Hathway Muir: email@example.com
- 5th Annual Father/Daughter Dance “AT THE HOP” Get your high ponytail on and please join us Friday, June 2nd, 6:30-8:30 pm, AOLP gym. This year’s dance is 1950’s themed- rock n roll, ice cream sodas, games, prizes, photos and more! All Academy girls Pre-K -8 th are invited to bring their dads, grandpas, uncles, or a family friend as their escort. Costumes encouraged but not required. Registration form is attached. Any questions or to help** – contact Sandy firstname.lastname@example.org
- HSA Volunteer Hours Kelli Miller has let us know that not all families have completed their required volunteer hours yet. Where do you stand? There are still plenty of opportunities to serve your hours before the end of the school year. Events needing volunteers include the Barnes and Noble Book Fair (both day and evening hours), Field Day and the Father-Daughter Dance. Regular activities include lunch duty (see below) and library (on Tuesdays). To volunteer for any of these HSA events please see the descriptions in this newsletter for the contact name. Per Academy policy families who do not complete their required HSA hours will be billed at $20/hr for hours not served.
- LUNCH/RECESS Have you signed up for lunch/recess duty yet? There is still time to get your hours in** and with the nicer weather it is a beautiful time of year to help out. Please check your schedule and sign up with the links below. It’s easy to see where the most help is needed (and you even get a reminder email). Remember, each family is asked to spend at least one volunteer hour in this important HSA activity. Come to see your children during their recreation time. Smiles are guaranteed!
GROUP A : Younger students’ lunch and recess (grades K-3 lunchroom followed by grades K-3 recess) 3 parents needed each day
GROUP B [RECESS ONLY]: Older students’ recess followed by younger students’ recess 2 parents needed each day
If you have question about lunch/recess volunteering or are having trouble with signup genius please contact Andrea at email@example.com
- Yearbooks There are a very limited number of yearbooks still left for sale at $22 a copy. This color 48-page book of memories includes all grades from PreK-3 to Grade 8.. Make checks payable to AOLP. Send in order with your child’s name on the envelope. Thank you for your support. Order your yearbook today – there is a LIMITED supply!. questions? contact Mrs. Raleigh: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Robotics Team is collecting empty “Little Bites” packages and used dental-related products. We will be having a class competition for the full month of May. The winning class will receive a special prize. Please collect your toothpaste tubes and caps, toothbrushes, toothpaste, cartons, toothbrush outer packaging, and floss containers (from any company) and send them in with your child for his classroom. Please note: Electric toothbrushes, battery toothbrushes, and/or their parts are not recyclable through the program. Please save things from your household and even ask close neighbors and friends if they might have anything. Please place in a plastic bag. If you have any questions about the Academy Robotics Team please contactMrs. Tyler @ email@example.com
- Remember that to volunteer in the school or at any event with children, you need to complete the Protecting God’s Children background check and workshop. More info can be found at http://www.rcan.org/charter/index.htm or contact the school’s office for a packet. Local workshops can be found at this website:
http://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_list2.cfm?theOrgID=16839&theme=0 Any questions? Please contact Danielle Mollo at firstname.lastname@example.org
- BOX TOPS Please continue to collect your box tops . We will have a final turn-in and the class with the most box tops will receive a prize! We appreciate your support, including the extra time it takes to cut out the labels, very much! Use this link for a back to school collection sheet: http://www.ptotoday.com/filesharing/1794-back-to-school-collection-sheet/download
- Uniform swap– there is a variety of previously worn uniform items available for FREE in the H.S.A. closet in the basement of the school. Come visit the closet (you must sign in at the school’s office first). Clothes are sorted by type and neatly organized in bins. Go to www.flynnohara.com to purchase new items.
- The Academy Robotics Team will be selling ice cream on Thursdays at lunch for $1.00. Healthy snacks are also available each day for $.50.
- Please continue to bring used ink cartridges/cell phones to the school office.
** Per Academy policy families who do not complete their required HSA hours will be billed at $20/hr for hours not served.
THANK YOUs OLP COUNTRY FAIR
The HSA thanks Mr. and Mrs. Johnston and the entire Johnston family for all their hard work in transforming the OLP parking lot into a magical land of games, rides, food and laughter. The OLP Country Fair was a great success and a very fun time! We also thank all the parent volunteers and teachers who took time to work the booths and sell merchandise, food and raffle tickets. Nothing would have been possible without the Johnston Family who has been running the OLP Fair for 28 years. And the icing on the cake (or on the fried oreos) is that some of the money raised from all the fun we had goes back into the Academy. Take a moment to thank Mrs. Mollo and Ms. Johnston at school and Mr. and Mrs. Johnston (if you are lucky enough to see them) around town!