- Mrs. Andrea Blath will be taking her new role as a mom to her beautiful twins full time. We wish her the very best as she moves on with one of the most important roles God blesses us with, parenthood. We will still see her from time to time as she will go on our substitute list. Thank you for your many years of service to The Academy.
- Mrs. Danielle Mann will be our new 3rd grade teacher as we have already begun to welcome her within our current 3rd grade class this year. We thank Mrs. Kathleen Nitzsche for all her help and dedication to our students during this transition.
- Mrs. Muench will be retiring this year as our Before/Aftercare coordinator. She will be taking care of her grandchildren(twins) when they arrive in the Fall. We thank her for her many years of service and dedication to The Academy.
- Ms. Tremallo will be taking on an additional role next year as our new Before/Aftercare coordinator.
Dear Academy Families,
Easter break seemed to have been fully embraced by all the students as they came back to school this week re-energized, full of stories, tanned and ready for the eight-week countdown (give or take a few days) to summer break.
The H.S.A. is currently going through its nomination process for the 2017-2018 school year executive board and committees. Many of The Academy fund raisers as well as student events are only possible through the amazing support shown by our families. I invite you all to please consider one of the many roles involved with the H.S.A., since at the end of every day all that we do is for the benefit of our children. The current H.S.A. board has done an AMAZING job this year and on behalf of our entire school community, I would like to say THANK YOU for all your time and efforts.
This Tuesday, May 2nd, our school community will continue a long-honored tradition of crowning our Blessed Mother in a solemn and beautiful ceremony. Students in grades K to 8 are required to attend and we invite our parishioners and extended families to join us.
Our Students shine…
- Congratulations to many of our 4th-8th grade students as they were recognized for their high placement within the national Catholic Math League Challenge. Our very own Nicholas Romeo placed 1st in the competition for the Grade Four division and was awarded a beautiful trophy.
- Gabriel Doria will be the recipient of the Outstanding Catholic School 8th Grade Graduate for 2017. This is an Archdiocesan award recognizing one 8th grade student from every school who has shown high standards of citizenship, leadership and Catholicity. Gabe has been attending The Academy since PreK-4 and will soon be a freshman at St. Peter’s Prep in Jersey City.
- The forensics team led by Ms. Church had a great year placing in the top tier of schools within the Forensics League, an amazing accomplishment for being our youngest team ever. I am pleased to announce and congratulate 5th grader Peter Muir for placing 18th and 6th grader Kailey Fahy for placing 12th in the League!
- April 28th Mother and Son Gym event at 6 PM with dinner served
- May 2nd May Crowning 7 pm – all students K to 8 are required to attend
- May 5th First Friday Mass 11 am, 12:30 dismissal – all welcome
- May 10th-May 13th OLP Country Fair
- May 10th NO SCHOOL – Archdiocese Professional Day
- May 19th Academy play Aladdin evening performance
- May 24th Academy Summer Reading Book Fair at Barnes & Noble in Livingston
- May 26th Academy Field Day 12:30 dismissal
- May 29th NO SCHOOL Memorial Day Parade and BBQ
In closing, I hope to see you all during the OLP Country Fair which will take place during the evenings of May 10th to May 13th. I also hope that you can spend a few hours volunteering to help make this community event a success and to help out the Johnston family who work tirelessly to run this carnival and raise funds for our Parish and Academy. Plus, it’s a lot of fun too! Thank you in advance for all your support.
Our Lady of Peace, pray for us.
Joel A. Castillo, Ed.S
The Academy of Our Lady of Peace
” How good and pleasant it is, when God’s people live together in unity.”
Dear Academy Families,
As we embrace the season of Lent, The Academy reminds the students during their daily lessons on the importance of reflecting on Jesus’s sacrifice for all of us. Please join our students and faculty for First Friday masses at 11 AM as well as for Stations of the Cross during this time of Lent on Fridays at 2 PM in the Church.
On March 10th, The Academy’s Home School Association will host its annual Tricky Tray gala at The Westin Governor Morris Hotel in Morristown. The annual success of this event truly reflects the giving nature of our families and community. The funds collected at Tricky Tray directly benefit the educational programs that enrich the mind, body and soul of each Academy child. If you have not yet purchased your tickets to this event, please do so as soon as you can as the evening of March 10th is fast approaching. I look forward to seeing you there!
During the current academic year, the School Advisory Board has had many late-night meetings discussing the branding of our amazing school. The school board has decided to work with a branding/marketing company, Sharklo Creative, LLC in assisting our school community in a “face-lift.” This organization is well represented within the educational community, having worked with Oratory Prep, Westmont Montessori School, Mount Saint Mary Academy, and College of Saint Elizabeth, to name just a few. This branding/marketing process will entail three phases with an overhaul of our school website in phase 1. We will continue to communicate on how the project evolves.
Thank you for continuing to be ambassadors for The Academy. New families continue to tour the school and register every week. The strong partnership we have ripples into the success of each child. We could not have success without you. If you have not yet submitted your registration materials to the main office, please do so as soon as possible.
Our Lady of Peace, please pray for us.
Mr. Joel A. Castillo, ED.S
- March 3rd- 11AM First Friday Mass…All Welcomed. 12:30 Dismissal, Aftercare Available
- March 6th- 10th – Terra Nova Testing for grades 2-8. Please be mindful of absences/lateness during this week.
- March 10th- Tricky Tray 6 PM Westin Governor Morris Hotel in Morristown
- March 23 – Family Volleyball Night 7pm
- March 31 – Student Council sponsored dance
- April 4 – Spring Concert