The Mission of The Academy of Our Lady of Peace is to provide an academically strong and faith-based experience within our community.
We prepare our students by working as a team and using innovative teaching and learning methods so that each child can achieve joy in everyday challenges and successes.
At the Academy of Our Lady of Peace, we believe that:
- We are faith-filled community that inspires peace and hope throughout our daily interactions.
- We believe in the value of all life and the development of self-worth in a caring and nurturing environment.
- We strive to foster a collaborative and cooperative environment where teamwork is developed and encouraged.
- We recognize and respect the diverse abilities, gifts, and talents of each child while encouraging them to reach their full potential as a student in our Catholic school.
- We provide a nurturing environment that allows our students to strongly develop their faith and further their academics.
- We create a welcoming and safe community built on consistent and positive reinforcement.
- We foster responsible citizenship in curricular and extracurricular activities.
- We strive to develop leadership qualities and role models through “buddy” relationships between younger and older grades throughout the year.
- We inspire our students to help those in need through outreach ministry, including New Providence and surrounding communities, and to make this a lifelong practice.
Our Profile of Graduates
A graduate of The Academy of Our Lady of Peace:
-Has an engaging mind by:
- Applying mathematical and scientific concepts to everyday situations.
- Using technology responsibly as a tool to gather, process and communicate information.
- Applying grammatical concepts to writing and interpreting questions with accuracy.
- Demonstrating an advanced vocabulary and accurate spelling.
- Identifying various literary devices and figures of speech using a variety of comprehensive texts.
- Appreciating the complexities of literature and demonstrating a wide literary understanding.
- Verbally understanding and raising issues in a coherent and mature manner.
- Speaking a second language.
- Effectively demonstrating public speaking skills.
- Showing a civic mindedness, global awareness, and socially responsible behavior.
- Possessing critical thinking skills and analyzing and questioning information for accuracy and truthfulness.
-Lives their faith by:
- Working respectfully and collaboratively with others.
- Having a working knowledge of the Bible.
- Having a working knowledge of the Sacraments.
- Treating peers and those around them with kindness and compassion.
- Following Jesus’ compassionate example and reaching out to those in need.
- Sharing their Catholic faith with others through words and actions.
- Being an active member of their faith community and spreading joy and hope.
-Builds on their Future by:
- Effectively managing time and demonstrating organizational skills.
- Taking ownership of tasks, actions, and choices made in their daily and educational lives.
- Demonstrating leadership skills.
- Having a desire to excel both in and outside of school.
- Knowing that everything can be accomplished if broken down and conquered in pieces.
- Being able to meet challenges head on with perseverance and without fear.
- Not relying on other people to solve all their problems without even trying.
- Having the ability to effectively exchange ideas with others.
- Showing a dedication to their faith and academic studies.
- Mastering persistence and being able to work through challenges, deal constructively with failures and adversity, and achieve the goals they have set for themselves.
- Developing a growth mindset to know that they have the ability to grow and change, and that effort is the key to success.