We wish everyone a happy first week of school!
Upcoming Events (For the latest, up to date information please refer to: https://theacademyolp.org/calendar/ )
o September 6th Buddy Reception, 1st Friday Mass 11:00 AM, 12:30 PM Dismissal, No Aftercare
o September 8th Backpack Sunday, 12 PM Mass
o September 9th First Full Day of School
o September 16th Back To School Night 7PM in Gym
o September 24th 65th Anniversary Mass, 11:00 AM – everyone welcome
- Save the Date (9/6/2019): New Family Welcome Reception
o Please join us at our Welcome Reception for all new parents to The Academy.
o Invitations were sent via Evite. Any questions, please contact Mary Pauline Murphy, New Family Chair, at email@example.com
- Save the Date (9/24/2019): 65th Anniversary Mass celebrated by Cardinal Tobin
o Please join us for mass at 11 AM to celebrate the 65th Anniversary of the Academy of Our Lady of Peace.
- Robotics Team Update
o Mark your calendar, team. Sunday, September 8th at 1 PM there will be a mandatory meeting for parents and the children involved in this program.
o The team meets on Tuesday and Thursday from 3:00 – 4:30/5:00 and Sunday 1:00 – 3:00/4:00. Work is done in all areas each meeting with a primary focus on programming on Sunday afternoon and research during the week.
- Shop Gift Cards for sale and support the Academy!
o Buy those gift cards for birthday gifts and your everyday shopping needs! The Academy will receive a % back on sales.
▪ Go to ShopWithScrip.com to purchase gift cards through our school page
- Enrollment code: BL81B68156976
▪ Send checks and enrollment forms to the school through your child’s folder
o For more information, please contact Karen Pisani at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Protecting God’s Children
o All volunteers working in the school or at events with children must complete a Protecting God’s Children (PGC) workshop. It is important to get this certification completed early so that you can fully participate in volunteering. Please check the below site for a convenient date and location. http://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_list2.cfm?theme=0
▪ Select Newark, NJ (Archdiocese) in the drop down menu)
▪ Please contact Academy Secretary Danielle Mollo at the school’s office with any questions: email@example.com or 908 464-8657
- Uniform Swap
o There is a great selection of previously worn uniform items available for FREE in the H.S.A. closet in the basement of the school. Come visit the closet (you must sign in at the school’s office first). Clothes are sorted by type and neatly organized in bins.
o As the school year comes to a close, think about what you might be able to donate to the closet!
- HSA Board for the 2019-2020 School Year
o President Matthew Dunn firstname.lastname@example.org
o Vice President Suzanne Fahy email@example.com
o Treasurer Brigid McGowan firstname.lastname@example.org
o Secretary Liz Santo Domingo email@example.com