-St. Gregory Nazianzen
Dear Academy Families,
As we embrace the season of Lent, The Academy reminds the students during their daily lessons on the importance of reflecting on Jesus’s sacrifice for us. Please join us for our first Friday masses at 9:30 AM as well as for Stations of the Cross during this time of Lent on Fridays at 8:45 AM in the Church.
On March 20th, The Academy’s Home School Association will host its annual Tricky Tray gala at The Westin Governor Morris in Morristown. The annual success of this event truly reflects the giving nature of our families and community. The funds collected at Tricky Tray directly benefit the educational programs that enrich the mind, body and soul of each Academy child. If you have not yet purchased your tickets to this event and/or contributed in your own way, please do so as soon as you can as the evening of March 20th is fast approaching. I look forward to seeing you there!
The Academy is approaching its final stages for Middle States Accreditation. The visiting team will be in our school the week of March 30th. Please make sure students are on time and in their proper uniforms as we host the visiting team. Thank you to those families that have volunteered to be on committees to be interviewed by the visiting team.
Thank you for continuing to be ambassadors for The Academy. New families continue to tour the school every day. The strong partnership we have ripples into the success of each child. We could not have success without you. If you have not yet submitted your re-registration materials to the main office please do so as soon as possible so we may effectively plan for next school year.
Our Lady of Peace, please pray for us.
All the best,
Mr. Joel A. Castillo, ED.S
- February 26th – Ash Wednesday Service at 9:30 AM
- March 6th – First Friday, Half Day, End of Trimester 2
- March 13th – Report Card Sent Home
- March 20th – Tricky Tray 6 PM The Westin Governor Morris in Morristown
- April 3rd – First Friday, Half Day
Dear Academy Families,
Welcome back from what I hope was a joyous and relaxing Christmas break for all. As the classrooms of The Academy are buzzing again, we are reminded how blessed we are to be in an environment like ours, where hope and optimism fill the rooms and hallways. Across our great country, Catholic schools will celebrate Catholic Schools Week later this month. This is a great opportunity for The Academy to showcase our school during this Archdiocesan wide celebration of the many advantages of a Blue Ribbon, Catholic education. The Academy has much to be proud of and it is nice to be able to take this opportunity to promote ourselves to our current families and to our prospective families.
- Congratulations to our Class of 2020 as they are in the midst of receiving their high school acceptances and making the final decision of which top tier high school they will attend in the Fall of
- Registration is currently open for all grades for the 2020-2021 academic year. Your family should have received their registration paperwork within the last week. Please make sure to submit both forms and all fees before January 31st to take advantage of the discounted registration rate. If you need an additional form or have any questions, please contact the main
- The Academy was blessed with donations this year towards enhancing our audio system for concerts/plays as well as stage lighting. A big THANK YOU to Mr. Cabrera & the Flood family.
- The Academy will be one of the selected schools by the Archdiocese of Newark to take part in the Annual STEM Expo this academic year. We welcome all of you to view the students’ hard work on February 13th in the gymnasium. More information to
- The Academy of Our Lady of Peace will be hosting its 26th Annual Tricky Tray Gala on March 20th at 6PM at The Westin in Morristown. We hope to see all of you there. For any further information please reach out to Ms. McGowan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lastly, the faculty and staff are hard at work on the re-accreditation process of Middle States Assoc. of Colleges and Schools. Thank you to all of the parents that completed our self-study Parent Survey and your feedback will be used in our improvement The visiting team is scheduled to visit and review our school operations in March 2020.
As we plan our activities for Catholic Schools Week, I hope and know we can count on you to be a part of them. The Book Fair begins on Sunday, January 26th at 10 AM, right after our Academy Family Mass at 9 AM. The Academy Family Mass will be the opening event for the week’s celebration. I encourage every family to attend this Mass with your school children dressed in winter uniform to showcase our school pride. We will have a reception in the gym following the Mass for all Academy families and prospective families as well. More details on our Catholic Schools Week events will be available soon.
Happy New Year and if you have any questions please contact me at the school’s office.
Mr. Joel A. Castillo, Ed.S
The Academy of Our Lady of Peace Principal
Dear Academy Families,
A few weeks ago we began the Advent season and The Academy of Our Lady of Peace is filled with the hope and anticipation of the birth of Jesus! Advent is a season that seems to get lost in our culture. Because the month of December is known as the Christmas season, and is the time we prepare our homes for Christmas, we forget that it is also necessary to prepare our hearts for the amazing miracle of Christ’s birth. One way to prepare our hearts and more fully experience Jesus’ coming is through deepening and growing our relationship with God. At The Academy of Our Lady of Peace, our students continue to nurture their relationship with our Lord this Advent season through prayer services, Masses and by taking part in their daily lessons. I hope you share with us in keeping Christ in Christmas during your Christmas/Advent celebrations at home.
At this moment you are all aware that our Spanish teacher has resigned from her current role effective January 8th. We wish Mrs. Birkmann the very best in her future endeavors and thank her for the years of service to our school. Please be aware that this news was new to us as well, and we are currently following up on candidates that will continue to support and teach our students effectively in the Spanish program.
I want to wish all of our Academy families and friends a very joyous and blessed Christmas season and a Happy New Year. We look forward to seeing all of you back in school in the New Year!
* January 6th – Re-open
* January 17th – Progress Reports go home
* January 20th – No School for students
* January 26th – Catholic Schools Week Open House, 10 a.m. -12:30 p.m.
* January 26th – 31st – Catholic Schools Week
* March 20th – Tricky Tray